Advance planning makes any vacation more successful, so when you make your travel reservations, don't forget to plan strategies to keep your rosacea under control. The following suggestions can lead to a more enjoyable getaway.
- Play it safe with prescriptions. You don't want to get stuck in a faraway place without your rosacea medication, so pack it in your carry-on bag in case your luggage is lost or delayed.
- Keep up your skin-care routine. If you have established a daily skin-care routine that appears to be working, maintain it on vacation. Don't stray while you are away.
- Heed heat warnings. Since high temperatures may aggravate rosacea, plan sightseeing treks and other vacation adventures during the cooler morning or late afternoon hours. Also minimize your time in the sun, and wear a sunscreen.
- Find out about new foods. Hot spices are a common rosacea trigger, so don't be afraid to inquire about ingredients when dining out.
- Sidestep stress. Don't try to do too much in a day, and schedule specific downtime when you can relax and regroup.