Rosacea Awareness Month is almost here and we need your help! This April, join the National Rosacea Society in sharing information and busting myths about this disease so that more people who may have rosacea will seek medical help before it gets worse, and so those affected can find greater public acceptance and understanding.
Rosacea affects an estimated 16 million Americans, yet in a recent NRS survey, 47 percent of patients said they had never heard of the disorder prior to receiving their diagnosis. Ninety-five percent also said they had known little or nothing about the signs and symptoms prior to that time.
During Rosacea Awareness Month (RAM) we encourage you to get involved in spreading awareness with these tools and tips:
- Download the "I'm not blushing. It's rosacea" flyer and post it in places where it can help educate the public about the disorder.
- Download the Rosacea Awareness Month "Rose" logo and change your social media profile pictures to let your friends and followers know that you support awareness of rosacea.
- Let others know about rosacea and take part in the effort by sharing NRS Facebook and blog posts with your friends, and inviting them to follow the NRS.
- Use the hashtag #RosaceaAwareness to take part in the conversation on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Visit the RAM landing page for more information and resources.