Daily life can be filled with tension and urgent pressures. For many, this everyday stress is a leading trigger for rosacea flare-ups. Try these techniques suggested by experts and patients to reduce stress and help keep rosacea in check.
- Take five and meditate. Even for five minutes a day, completely disengaging your thoughts from all worries can help manage your stress. Try to find a quiet, comfortable place and fend off all distractions. Concentrate on a simple word or phrase for the duration.
- Imagination station. Peace and tranquility can be found by closing your eyes and mentally putting yourself in a calm setting. Slowly breathe in and then exhale to release daily tensions.
- Don't worry, be happy. Make time each night to write all your worries in a journal. Each time during the day you feel a nagging concern, push it aside knowing you will address it later.
- Find a hobby. Focus your attention on something you enjoy doing. This can enhance your mental, emotional and physical well-being.
- Get a pet. Dogs and cats make wonderful companions and give unconditional love. This can be very relaxing and therapeutic.
- Free time. Allow yourself "time off" from your daily roles and escape the "pressure cooker." Allow yourself time each day to do something fun.